Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com> on 2003/08/02 01:15:37 UTC

building the XML site

Can someone from Forrest give me quick tutorial on how to rebuild the
xml.apache.org site?

Thanks

Ted

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
Jeff,

Thanks you *very* much for this.

Berin,

Could we make a new section of the site for xml.apache.org comitters and
put stuff like this up there.  I'd hate for this to get lost.

Ted

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Jakarta-POI?? ;-)

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:23:19 +1000
(Subject: Re: building the XML site)

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
Jeff,

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 5/08/2003 21:30 Glen Mazza wrote:

> In order to actually update the main site at
> xml.apache.org, a user (w/password) *must* go through
> the Forrestbot at
> http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/index.jsp, correct?

The Forrestbot can be configured to go and fetch the latest (XML)
sources, build the site and commit it in the staging area at icarus,
which daedalus regularly syncs from, on a regulat schedule. This depends
on Jeff having commit access to that project's staging area IIRC, since
the updated generated site is committed using his account.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>
wrote:
> Jeff Turner schrieb:
> >
> >>Can someone from Forrest give me quick tutorial on
> how to rebuild the
> >>xml.apache.org site?
> >

> > Two possible ways:
> >
> > Manually
> > --------
> >
> > cvs checkout xml-forrest

Mundane question here, I am slightly confused by
Jeff's explanation of the "Manual" process.  "Manual"
does not update the actual XML site, correct?--it
would only update a copied version on my local drive.

In order to actually update the main site at
xml.apache.org, a user (w/password) *must* go through
the Forrestbot at
http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/index.jsp, correct?

Thanks,
Glen

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Jeff Turner schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:15:37PM -0700, Ted Leung wrote:
>
>>Can someone from Forrest give me quick tutorial on how to rebuild the
>>xml.apache.org site?
>

> Two possible ways:
>
> Manually
> --------
>
> cvs checkout xml-forrest

Why not the latest release?
IMHO we should agree on which Forrest version to use (I suggest latest
release)

> cd xml-forrest
> ./build.sh
> export PATH=`pwd`/build/dist/shbat/bin
> cd ..
> cvs checkout xml-site
> cd xml-site
> forrest

I like 'forrest run' better because it gives almost realtime rendering.
Just edit the docs in build/webapp/content/xdocs/ and press reload on
the browser. After your changes 'forrest backcopy' will copy the changes
back to src/ and then you can commit them. Forrestbot will take care of
the rest.

Christian

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:15:37PM -0700, Ted Leung wrote:
> Can someone from Forrest give me quick tutorial on how to rebuild the
> xml.apache.org site?

Two possible ways:

Manually
--------

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:15:37PM -0700, Ted Leung wrote:
> Can someone from Forrest give me quick tutorial on how to rebuild the
> xml.apache.org site?

Two possible ways:

Manually
--------

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
Ted Leung wrote:
 > Can someone from Forrest give me quick tutorial on how to rebuild the
 > xml.apache.org site?

And me?

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: building the XML site

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Ted Leung wrote, On 02/08/2003 1.15:

> Can someone from Forrest give me quick tutorial on how to rebuild the
> xml.apache.org site?

AFAIK it's as described here:

http://xml.apache.org/guidelines.html

Are there problems arising from it? Forrest has eveolved since then, so
it could be possible.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -