Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Aleksandar Ivanisevic <al...@ivanisevic.de> on 2009/11/03 16:50:38 UTC

STOMP message expiry and topics with durable subscribers

fuse activemq 5.3.0-4 + STOMP PHP client from
http://code.google.com/p/stompcli/downloads/list

If I set expires: header to expiry timestamp in milliseconds and send
a message to a queue it all works as expected, if noone is subscribed
it disappears after the time is up.

However, If I send the same messaage with the same headers to a topic
with durable subscribers and the subscribers are not there, the
message just disappears.

is it supposed to be like that or should the topic with durable
subscribers behavie just like a queue?

Re: STOMP message expiry and topics with durable subscribers

Posted by Aleksandar Ivanisevic <al...@ivanisevic.de>.
Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> are you sure you're sending persistent messages? It should work as for
> queues.

Sorry, stupid me, that was it ;)

[...]

--
Aj si ti taj svoj svepametni stav naguraj u guzicu kad već nemaš šta
drugo. Pun mi kufer vas koji mislite da ste pobrali svu pamet svijeta i da

Re: STOMP message expiry and topics with durable subscribers

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

are you sure you're sending persistent messages? It should work as for
queues.

I just created a test case and it works fine (for pure jms)

If it still doesn't work, can you please create a test case and raise jira?

BTW. Here's some docs on durable subscribers with PHP client

http://stomp.fusesource.org/documentation/php/book.html#_durable_subscribers

You can also consider using 1.0.0 from fuseforge, as it contains a lot of
bug fixes.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net