Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/19 08:08:46 UTC

[QA]A guide for opening defect in Bugzilla

Hi all,

   I wrote a guide for how to open defect in Bugzilla[1]. hope this will
help user and QA on opening defect. Any comments?

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [QA]A guide for opening defect in Bugzilla

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>wrote:

> KG01 - See comments inline.
>
> On Thursday, July 19, 2012, Ji Yan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I wrote a guide for how to open defect in Bugzilla[1]. hope this will
> help user and QA on opening defect. Any comments?
>
> KG01 - This is great thanks for sharing. I have some feedback and a
> question.
>
> Re: bug process
> Perhaps we could encourage submitters to include screen caps of issues
> related to UI presentation or interaction design.
>
> Re: guide
> I'm new to Bugzilla, so pardon me if this is a newbie question. Do we have
> a Bugzilla scope work item for requests for enhancements? If so, does an
> RFE guide exist as well.. If not, what is the Bugzilla work item for
> enhancements.

well...no. Unlike JIRA which does have a "task" item for a particular
"product/component", we don't have anything like this for BA currently. We
just had upgrade of BZ and I haven't looked at the documentation. Maybe we
could add a "task" severity item or component or something.

And, things are rather "fine grained" when enterring a bug. I think we
would do better to delete some of these. For example, if i enter a "bug"
for the "ui" product,   I am then presented with 5 components. Perhaps
confounding to some.

> Thoughts?
>
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue
>
> --
>

> Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen

[QA]A guide for opening defect in Bugzilla

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
Simon,
  Thanks for your suggestion. I'll update the guide.

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Yan Ji,

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 7/20/12 2:53 AM, Ji Yan wrote:
> Dennis,
>
>   Thanks for your advice.
>
>  I noticed that TJFrazier help reformat the page. TJFrazier thanks for your
> update, page looks great.

Hi Ji Yan,

good description how to file a good and useful issue.

I have added the {{DISPLAYTITLE:<title>}} template to make the
title/header more readable.

Using the hierarchical structure (sub pages) is good and with the
DISPLAYTITLE you can shorten the titles and make them more readable. And
even with the title it might be useful to use the same title. The wiki
uses "_" for spaces. This has the advantage that the Url can be derived
from the name. But of course this is my opinion only and not so
important, see it more as an idea.

In this example

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue
{{DISPLAYTITLE:How to file a good Issue}}

I would have named the page
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/How_to_file_a_good_Issue
{{DISPLAYTITLE:How to file a good Issue}}

Anyway again a good and useful description!

Juergen

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Thanks to you and TJ.  The pages flow very nicely now.

Good work.

 - Dennis

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,