Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by commence8 <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 19:09:48 UTC

Free Distort like Illustrator

I'd like some help on implementing a "Free Distort" function like the one on
Illustrator.  I can't seem to figure out an algorithm to do this sort of
black hole effect.  Is something like this already built into Batik's
libraries?

Re: Free Distort like Illustrator

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Depiano,

commence8 <de...@gmail.com> wrote on 04/03/2007 01:09:48 PM:

> I'd like some help on implementing a "Free Distort" function like the
one on
> Illustrator.  I can't seem to figure out an algorithm to do this sort of
> black hole effect.  Is something like this already built into Batik's
> libraries?

   No nothing like this is implemented in Batik.  To implement this you
would probably have to flatten the path (see Java GeneralPath methods).
Then define a 2D function that maps points:

        P'.x = Fx(P.x, P.y)
        P'.y = Fy(P.x, P.y)