Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joshua ChaitinPollak <jp...@kivasystems.com> on 2008/01/18 17:39:26 UTC

How to avoid creating a jar?

Hello,

we have a few projects we are building with Maven which do not result
in jar's being the final output. For those projects we are using the
maven-assembly-plugin, but when we run 'mvn package' we still end up
with both our assembly and a jar. How can we prevent the jar from
being created?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a silly question.

-Josh

--
Joshua ChaitinPollak | Software Engineer
Kiva Systems, Inc., 225 Wildwood Ave, Woburn, MA 01970

Re: How to avoid creating a jar?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.
The maven-way is to create a maven extension with a custom packaging and
lifecycle, similar to jar one, but without packaging as a .jar.
For example, take a look at
https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/sandbox/javascript-maven-tools/javascript-maven-extensions
that
creates a "javascript" packaging.

This is not very complex, but also not so trivial, so maybe the pragmatic
solution is to ignore the jar that maven builds if you get what you want in
the assembly !

Nico.

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 18, 2008 5:39 PM, Joshua ChaitinPollak <jp...@kivasystems.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have a few projects we are building with Maven which do not result
> in jar's being the final output. For those projects we are using the
> maven-assembly-plugin, but when we run 'mvn package' we still end up
> with both our assembly and a jar. How can we prevent the jar from
> being created?
>
> Thanks, and sorry if this is a silly question.

what about using pom <packaging> ?