Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com> on 2004/09/14 22:09:51 UTC

apache.org mail filter request

Can someone make these two changes:

1. change the SpamAssassin score for ALL_TRUSTED to -10.0

   This will absolutely prevent any locally message from being marked as
   spam.  -10.0 should be low enough and it appears to be working
   correctly (not marking non-local stuff as ALL_TRUSTED).  :-)

   This should reduce unnecessary MODERATION requests a bit and make
   possible #2 below.

2. set things up so commits@spamassassin.apache.org will reject (as in
   550) messages with a score above 5.0.

   That should be safe because: Wiki and commit messages are sent
   directly from a trusted host and the odds of a reply that will score
   above 5.0 are nearly nil because there just aren't many replies on
   the commits list, most go to dev@ as they should.  I checked the
   entire list history and this should more than safe.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/

Re: apache.org mail filter request

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> writes:

> Done.  (Added 'score ALL_TRUSTED -10.0' to local.cf.)

Thanks.

> ezmlm is the problem here.  I think Ask has posted some pointers on how we
> could patch/circumvent ezmlm-gate.  But, again, I don't have the time to
> research this or implement it.  If someone provided the *exact* .qmail &
> ezmlm syntax that is required, I could paste it in.

I think I'll just use procmail.  :-)

    :0
    * ^Mailing-list:.*commits.*@spamassassin.apache.org
    * ^Subject: MODERATE
    * ^X-ASF-Spam-Status:.*(hits|score)=([5-9]|[0-9][0-9])
    spam-moderate.in

    :0
    * ^Mailing-list:.*commits.*@spamassassin.apache.org
    spamassassin-cvs.in

Daniel

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Tuesday, September 14, 2004 1:09 PM -0700 Daniel Quinlan
<qu...@pathname.com> wrote:

> Can someone make these two changes:
>
> 1. change the SpamAssassin score for ALL_TRUSTED to -10.0

Done.  (Added 'score ALL_TRUSTED -10.0' to local.cf.)

> 2. set things up so commits@spamassassin.apache.org will reject (as in
>    550) messages with a score above 5.0.

ezmlm is the problem here.  I think Ask has posted some pointers on how we
could patch/circumvent ezmlm-gate.  But, again, I don't have the time to
research this or implement it.  If someone provided the *exact* .qmail &
ezmlm syntax that is required, I could paste it in.

I also don't think ezmlm can issue 550s: it can just silently drop the
message as it comes too late in the process.  But, it's the only place to
have list-specific spam score filtering.  (It's theoretically possible to
write a qpsmtpd plugin that could do per-recipient spam score rejections;
but I don't have the time to write it.)

If it helps, ~apmail/.qmail-spamassassin-commits is:
--
|/var/qmail/bin/spamwatch
|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm-reject -T
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits'
|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm-issubn -n
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits/deny' || { echo "Sorry,
I've been told to reject your posts. Contact
commits-owner@spamassassin.apache.org if you have questions about this
(#5.7.2)"; exit 100 ; }
|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm-gate -r
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits'
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits'
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits/digest'
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits/allow'
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits/mod'
|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm-clean -R
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits' || exit 0
|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm-warn
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits' || exit 0
|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm-warn -d
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits' || exit 0
|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm-tstdig -m30 -k64 -t48
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits' || exit 99
|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm-get
'/home/apmail/lists/spamassassin.apache.org/commits' || exit 0
--

HTH.  -- justin