Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Glen Tulin <gl...@iteclectic.com> on 2005/07/26 21:01:29 UTC

forms in Forrest

What's the recommended way to implement simple forms in the
Forrest-generated web site? "Simple" means no Cocoon continuation / no
sophisticated page flow. Any examples available? Also, on the receiving
request from a form I'd like to send email - how can I do it (besides Cocoon
action and Java mail). Thanks a lot.

Re: forms in Forrest

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
there is an English version
  http://cyriaque.dupoirieux.free.fr/formulaire/formulaire_en.html

Johannes

Cyriaque Dupoirieux schrieb:
> Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> Glen Tulin wrote:
>>
>>> What's the recommended way to implement simple forms in the
>>> Forrest-generated web site? "Simple" means no Cocoon continuation / no
>>> sophisticated page flow. Any examples available?
>>

>> No examples online, but you can use normal HTML forms. See
>> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/faq.html#rawTML
>>
>>> Also, on the receiving
>>> request from a form I'd like to send email - how can I do it (besides
>>> Cocoon
>>> action and Java mail).
>>

>> Using the Cocoon mail facilities is the only sensible option in my
>> book. However, you could, of course, pass the results to any script
>> you wanted and have the result skinned by Forrest usig the same
>> technique as a above.
>

> Just a remark, my personal site is managed by Free.fr.
> And - it is not an exception - I cannot use the mail command for my site
> to avoid spam creation.
> But they explain in their site how we can do to send the result of an
> HTML form by mail.
> I did exactly what they say : create a form in a directory and create a
> result page obligatory called result.html and located in the same
> directory...
> I created these pages with forrest and everything is OK.
>
> http://cyriaque.dupoirieux.free.fr/formulaire/formulaire.html
>
> Salutations,
> Cyriaque,
>

>> Ross

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Re: forms in Forrest

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.