Posted to user@spark.apache.org by LONG WANG <wa...@163.com> on 2016/07/28 07:44:18 UTC

Spark 2.0 on YARN - Dynamic Resource Allocation Behavior change?

Hi Spark Experts,

                          Today I tried Spark 2.0 on YARN and also enabled Dynamic Resource Allocation feature, I just find that no matter I specify --num-executor in spark-submit command or not, the Dynamic Resource Allocation is used, but I remember when I specify --num-executor option in spark-submit command in Spark 1.6, the Dynamic Resource Allocation feature will not be used/effect for that job. And I can see below log in Spark 1.6 .

                          Is this a behavior change in Spark 2.0? And How can I disable Dynamic Resource Allocation for a specific job submission temporarily as before?

Re:Re: Spark 2.0 on YARN - Dynamic Resource Allocation Behavior change?

Posted by LONG WANG <wa...@163.com>.
Thanks for your reply, I have tried your suggestion. it works now.

At 2016-07-28 16:18:01, "Sun Rui" <su...@163.com> wrote:
Yes, this is a change in Spark 2.0.  you can take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-13723

In the latest Spark On Yarn documentation for Spark 2.0, there is updated description for --num-executors:
| spark.executor.instances | 2 | The number of executors for static allocation. Withspark.dynamicAllocation.enabled, the initial set of executors will be at least this large. |
You can disable the dynamic allocation for an application by specifying “--conf spark.dynamicAllocation.enabled=false” in the command line.

On Jul 28, 2016, at 15:44, LONG WANG <wa...@163.com> wrote:

Hi Spark Experts,

                          Today I tried Spark 2.0 on YARN and also enabled Dynamic Resource Allocation feature, I just find that no matter I specify --num-executor in spark-submit command or not, the Dynamic Resource Allocation is used, but I remember when I specify --num-executor option in spark-submit command in Spark 1.6, the Dynamic Resource Allocation feature will not be used/effect for that job. And I can see below log in Spark 1.6 .

                            <截图1.png>

                          Is this a behavior change in Spark 2.0? And How can I disable Dynamic Resource Allocation for a specific job submission temporarily as before?

 邮件带有附件预览链接,若您转发或回复此邮件时不希望对方预览附件,建议您手动删除链接。
共有 1 个附件
截图1.png(23K)极速下载 在线预览

Re: Spark 2.0 on YARN - Dynamic Resource Allocation Behavior change?

Posted by Sun Rui <su...@163.com>.
Yes, this is a change in Spark 2.0.  you can take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-13723 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-13723>

In the latest Spark On Yarn documentation <http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/running-on-yarn.html> for Spark 2.0, there is updated description for --num-executors: