Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Sudaraka Yasindu <su...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/09 18:27:09 UTC

[GSOC][ROCKETMQ-127]Providing a rocketmq-proxy to support MQTT protocol

Hi Yukon,
I will continue my discussion here from now on (Which I continued on JIRA).
As per my understanding, MQTT protocol follows a publisher
subscriber publish subscribe architecture. I read the RocketMQ
documentation and it occurred to me that, message broadcasting using
RocketMQ can be used here. I ran these examples and I got a brief knowledge
on working with message broadcasting with RocketMQ.
I thought of a setup where each IoT Sensor(device which produces messages)
sends messages with a unique topic. So the subscribers can subscribe to the
message stream using the same unique topic. I sketched my current idea like
this.

But still I'm not sure this requires separate proxy for publishers and a
separate proxy for subscribers. Can you please input your suggestions.
Thank you.

Regards,
Sudaraka Jayathilaka
*Undergraduate*
University of Moratuwa
m: +94715271890
e: sudarakayasindu@gmail.com
<https://web.facebook.com/sudara.yasi>   <https://twitter.com/Sudaraka94>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/sudarakajayathilaka>
<https://www.instagram.com/sudaraka94/>

Re: [GSOC][ROCKETMQ-127]Providing a rocketmq-proxy to support MQTT protocol

Posted by Sudaraka Yasindu <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yukon and Von,
I have uploaded the final version of my proposal. Please let me know If
there is any problem with the proposal. Looking forward for a great summer
with RocketMQ.
Thank you

Regards,
Sudaraka Jayathilaka