Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Maxime LUCE <ma...@touchify.co> on 2014/07/10 11:11:57 UTC

Android CameraPlugin - App gets killed.

Hi everybody,

I know that there is a common bug in Android (announced in Quirks) which makes the system kill the app while using the plugin camera.

During some time I thought that it was the only way to launch camera activity.
But I just found the plugin Foreground Camera : https://code.google.com/p/foreground-camera-plugin/
This plugin fixes this issue by rendering the camera activity inside the cordova one (like in the iOS version).

Can we do that in our official camera plugin ?

Cordialement.

[logo]

Maxime LUCE
Touchify, CEO

+33 6 28 60 72 34 | skype: maximeluce
maxime@touchify.co<ma...@touchify.co> | http://touchify.co

RE: Android CameraPlugin - App gets killed.

Posted by Maxime LUCE <ma...@touchify.co>.
Hi,

Yes it's a little out of date but it doesn't launch a separate activity and instead a linked activity into the cordova one so it should not be killed.

The problem is not only with low memory phones since if you have a lot of apps launched, the result could be the same.

Preserving the state is a really hard to solve problem since we must save the browser state into memory but we don't have access to the low level api for that.

I'm not sure it makes apps look more like cordova apps.

I think we should more quickly search for a workaround for this issue because it's a really big problem for in production apps. We can't rely on this plugin in production.

Cordialement.

maxime@touchify.co | http://touchify.co

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.