Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/08/30 21:54:17 UTC

Re: M5 List Closure - J2EE Certification

There was some discussion in M4 on possibly J2EE certifying that
release or maybe M5.  Can we get a clear consensus that:

  1) this is what we want to do with M5

  2) what is the ideal timeframe for completing that (in weeks, don't
say soon).

Re: M5 List Closure - J2EE Certification

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	Has anyone taken a stab at running the TCK on Tomcat yet?  If not,
> I think it's going to be hard to agree on a sensible ETA.

No...I can start it...but I really need some people to step up and help
out here ;-)

Jeff

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Aug 30, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>     Has anyone taken a stab at running the TCK on Tomcat yet?  If not,
> I think it's going to be hard to agree on a sensible ETA.

Not looking for a sensible ETA, more of a "how long are we willing to
allow for it, ideally" kind of thing.

For example, post M3 we always thought the ETA for passing the CTS
was weeks away when it turned out to be 12 months away.  We should
have been explicit with our expectations of how long we were willing
to give it before reconsidering the goal.  Not saying we should
reconsider the goal now, just define what "ASAP" or "soon" should be
ideally.

-David

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Aug 30, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

>>  2) what is the ideal timeframe for completing that (in weeks,
>> don't say soon).
>>

> I'll try to do the research re what is involved beyond the
> automated test suite.

Great.  We can make a list of steps required and factor it in.

I phrased the question badly, though, sorry.  My response to Aaron
clarifies.

-David

Re: M5 List Closure - J2EE Certification

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

> There was some discussion in M4 on possibly J2EE certifying that
> release or maybe M5.  Can we get a clear consensus that:
>
>  1) this is what we want to do with M5

I would be happy with that.

>  2) what is the ideal timeframe for completing that (in weeks,
> don't say soon).

I'll try to do the research re what is involved beyond the automated
test suite.

geir

geirm@apache.org