Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by Hinson Stephens <hi...@synchronicity.com> on 2003/07/09 03:36:29 UTC

Need help with configure.

After running autoconf, I run configure and get the following error and it dies.
Does anyone know why I might receive this error?

hinsun% ./configure --enable-gcc
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking for egrep... egrep
checking for ranlib... ranlib
configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash ./config.sub

Re: Need help with configure.

Posted by Carsten Zerbst <ca...@groy-groy.de>.

Am Mit, 2003-07-09 um 03.36 schrieb Hinson Stephens:
> After running autoconf, I run configure and get the following error
> and it dies.
>

> configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash ./config.sub

Only the last line is relevant. The distributed sources do not contain
the needed files config.sub, config.guess. I copied the relevant files
from the tcl-sources and everything was fine.

Bye, Carsten