Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com> on 2009/03/30 22:19:17 UTC

Camel RSS and Atom components

Hi all,

I'm currently looking into Camel as a possible solution for one of my
projects. While trying out the Atom and Rss component I found out it
couldn't handle extra request parameters in the URL correctly.

At first they were not allowed. When I set the component to use the
lenientproperties (as the httpcomponent does) it solved part of my problem,
but then I found out that the actual URL called for the endpoint did not
have the request parameters in the queryString anymore. They were stripped
off when the component parsed the URI for it's needed parameters.

I've created a patch to fix both issues for Atom and RSS endpoints and
attached it to JIRA [1].

I hope somebody can review my patch and perhaps it can be included in the
camel project. Please let me know if you have any remarks. I would
appreciate all feedback.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1496

Re: Camel RSS and Atom components

Posted by Doug Douglass <do...@gmail.com>.
Jeroen,

Try using Spring's AbstractJUnit38SpringContextTests, or
AbstractJUnit4SpringContextTests depending on the version of JUnit, to load
up an application context containing a test Camel context defined via xml.
And have spring autowire the context into you test class of course ;)

Something like:

@ContextConfiguration(locations = { "classpath:camel.xml" })
public class CamelTest
        extends AbstractJUnit38SpringContextTests {

    @Autowired
    private CamelContext camelContext;

}

We do this frequently for integration testing of routes we've defined via
xml.

HTH,
Doug

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.