Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Cory Wilkerson <cw...@travelnow.com> on 2003/01/24 16:20:46 UTC

Axis MessageContext

Two questions:
1) Like servlets, is there exactly one instance of the service I've exposed via axis?
2) If so, can I operate under the assumption that MessageContext.getCurrentContext() directly correlates to the current request? Much like Thread.currentThread()?
Thanks!
Cory

Re: Axis MessageContext

Posted by Wes Devauld <we...@devauld.ca>.
Firstly I don't think there is only one instance of a servlet for all calls
to a web context.  The reason all member variables are static is because it
does create several servlets.  With Servlets you do have to deal with
mulitple threading issues.

Second, MessageContext.getCurrentContext does correspond to the current
request.

Just what I've found, I may be wrong.

-Wes