Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com> on 2015/12/29 07:12:12 UTC

Remaining issues from RC1

Hi all,
Some issues were from RC1 vote as following, will be done in RC2.

>From Stefan:
"Found some (non-blocking) issues:
* The created ticket cache `/tmp/krb5_test@EXAMPLE.COM.cc` is world
readable. Probably in future it should only be readable/writeable by the
current user?
* We should update the NOTICE file with the required attributions of
used dependencies (slf4j, netty, gson). That is required as soon as we
publish a binary package that includes the dependencies."

>From Kiran:
"for next version:
we need to improve the packaging of kdc-dist, it is currently copying
libraries into the
module source root, though it is ignored by Git, it should best be copied
to the 'target'
directory.
Also it will be easier to test if the configuration files have '/tmp' as
the root for database
instead of '/home/kerby'"

Thanks
Jiajia

Re: Remaining issues from RC1

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 30/12/15 09:49, Li, Jiajia a écrit :
> Hi all,
> As Kiran said: " we need to improve the packaging of kdc-dist, it is currently copying libraries into the module source root, though it is ignored by Git, it should best be copied to the 'target'
> directory."
>
> Currently the libs are in:
> kerby-dist/kdc-dist/lib/
> kerby-dist/tool-dist/lib/
>
> So I will change to copy the libraries to:
> kerby-dist/kdc-dist/target/
> kerby-dist/tool-dist/target/
>
> Is that right?

IMHO, it does not make that a difference. In MINA, we copy the
dependencies into a /lib sub-directory, which is ignored. But I agree
that copying them into target is also fine, and makes it clear it is
temporary.

So go for it.

RE: Remaining issues from RC1

Thanks Jiajia for sorting this out. These issues look nice to be fixed in this round.

Regards,
Kai

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.