Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Christina Krahe <ch...@gmx.de> on 2007/11/28 11:16:41 UTC

Installation - forgot to mention

Hello,

I´m using MAC OS 10.4 (Tiger)and I´m not sure which files exactly I should download to run Derby.
I previously installed MAMP as webserver which I understand includes Apache?! Is this information of any help or interest?

---> I didn´t tell you, I´m not sure about the right JDK!

Thanks.
Christina

Re: Installation - forgot to mention

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> I´m using MAC OS 10.4 (Tiger)and I´m not sure which files exactly I should download to run Derby.

Derby is written in Java, and is portable across platforms.
So long as you have a JDK of the appropriate level, you can
use the same JAR files on any platform. Simply place the
Derby jar files into your classpath.

You can find the Derby downloads at:
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html

thanks,