Posted to users@maven.apache.org by barth <ba...@cern.ch> on 2006/05/08 17:21:15 UTC

[m2] internal repository with jars but no pom

Hello all,

I am trying to migrate a project from maven 1 to maven 2. We have an
internal repository containing a lot of libraries we use. The problem I am
experiencing is that we just have jar files in this repository but not any
pom file... With maven 1 it was working fine but with maven 2 I get this
kind of error :

***
Downloading:
file:/G:/Departments/IT/Groups/AIS/Sections/PM/maven/cewolf/poms/batik-dom-0.10.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository repo2
(file:/G:/Departments/IT/Groups/AIS/Sections/PM/maven)
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/cewolf/batik-dom/0.10.1/batik-dom-0.10.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
***

G:/Departments/IT/Groups/AIS/Sections/PM/maven/cewolf/poms doesn't exist but
G:/Departments/IT/Groups/AIS/Sections/PM/maven/cewolf/jars does.
My question is simple : what should I do ? create manually each pom ? or can
I specify somewhere that I want the same behaviour than for maven 1 ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Barth

PS: Here is the definition of my repository
 <repository>
                    <id>repo2</id>
                    <name>repo2</name>

<url>file:/G:/Departments/IT/Groups/AIS/Sections/PM/maven</url>
                    <layout>legacy</layout>
                </repository>

Re: [m2] internal repository with jars but no pom

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 00:48 -0700, barth wrote:
> I am stupid... and not patient enough !!!
> After the hundreds of "unable to get resource..." for the pom files, it
> downloads directly the jars. Therefore I have just had to wait a bit.

And if you really can't be bothered to install pom files into your repo
via one of the ways discussed earlier in this thread, then you can
always use
 mvn -o ...
or put
  <offline>true</offline>
in your settings.xml file.

Regards,

Simon

Re: [m2] internal repository with jars but no pom

Posted by barth <ba...@cern.ch>.
I am stupid... and not patient enough !!!
After the hundreds of "unable to get resource..." for the pom files, it
downloads directly the jars. Therefore I have just had to wait a bit.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,
barth

Re: [m2] internal repository with jars but no pom

Posted by barth <ba...@cern.ch>.
Yes, I have already put <layout>legacy</layout>. But that doesn't solve the
problem as it searches for poms and not directly for jars and I have only
jars in the repository...

I'll have a look to this repoclean. I hope it will help.

Thanks for your help

Re: [m2] internal repository with jars but no pom

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Oh wait I'm stupid :) Maven 2 is able to work with a maven 1 repository.
Just make sure layout is set to 'legacy' in your repository declaration.

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
I think this is it :

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.