Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/11/13 15:35:12 UTC

Broken unit tests and Jira location

Hi guys,

I completed the first step for OSGi support in Archiva (Karaf features)
yesterday evening.

However, I saw that the unit tests are broken in the
archive-rest-services. I'm checking it and I will submit a patch for that.

I raised:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1557

I have another quick question. Currently our Jira is hosted at Codehaus.
As Archiva is an Apache projects, do we plan to move the Jira to the
main Apache one ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Broken unit tests and Jira location

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/11/13 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:

> On 13/11/2011, at 9:45 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> 2011/11/13 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I completed the first step for OSGi support in Archiva (Karaf features)
>>> yesterday evening.
>>>
>>> However, I saw that the unit tests are broken in the archive-rest-services.
>>> I'm checking it and I will submit a patch for that.
>> My bad. I have just fixed that.
>>>
>>> I raised:
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1557
>>>
>>> I have another quick question. Currently our Jira is hosted at Codehaus.
>>> As Archiva is an Apache projects, do we plan to move the Jira to the main
>>> Apache one ?
>>
>> We already discussed about that long ago.
>> Recently I work with mark @asf to import a jira a project (tomcat maven plugin).
>> It was not too complicated with using swizzle.
>>
>> I can take the point: get a dump with swizzle and ask for a load @asf jura.
>
> I had been working with Ben for some time to get a dump out of codehaus so we could do that. Does swizzle retain everything? What happens to issue keys, etc.?
Yup the issue is with "linked" issues.
Mark who usually takes care about jira stuff @asf look to prefer  (I
don't exactly why :-) )

> I am half-way inclined to start a new JIRA project at Apache and use that for 1.4 release onwards. A clean start might help us focus on what is important to our current users, and we can change the issue key that way. I still haven't convinced myself it's a good idea yet though :)
nice starting with a clean project without any issues :-)

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: Broken unit tests and Jira location

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/11/13 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I completed the first step for OSGi support in Archiva (Karaf features)
> yesterday evening.
>
> However, I saw that the unit tests are broken in the archive-rest-services.
> I'm checking it and I will submit a patch for that.
My bad. I have just fixed that.

> I raised:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1557
>
> I have another quick question. Currently our Jira is hosted at Codehaus.
> As Archiva is an Apache projects, do we plan to move the Jira to the main
> Apache one ?

We already discussed about that long ago.
Recently I work with mark @asf to import a jira a project (tomcat maven plugin).
It was not too complicated with using swizzle.

I can take the point: get a dump with swizzle and ask for a load @asf jira.

Others ?