Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vignesh Raj <vi...@greatminds.co.in> on 2011/05/31 18:08:43 UTC

Boosting fields at query time in Standard Request Handler from Solrconfig.xml

Hi,

I am developing a search engine app using Asp.Net, C# and Solrnet. I use the
standard request handler. Is there a way I can boost the fields at query
time from inside the solrconfig.xml file itself. Just like the "qf" field
for Dismax handler.
Right now am searching like "field1:value^1.5 field2:value^1.2
field3:value^0.8" and this is done in the middle tier. I want Solr itself to
do this using standard request handler. Can I write a similar kind of thing
inside standard req handler?

Here is my solrconfig file.

<requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.SearchHandler" default="true">

   <lst name="defaults">

     <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>

     <str name="hl">true</str>

     <str name="hl.snippets">3</str>

     <str name="hl.fragsize">25</str>

     <str name="qf">file_description^100.0 file_content^6.0 file_name^10.0
file_comments^4.0

     </str>

   </lst>

   <arr name="last-components">

      <str>spellcheck</str>

   </arr>

</requestHandler>

But am not able to see the results if I add this in my solrconfig.xml file.
I have edited the post to add my req handler code in solrconfig. But, if
have my query string as "file_description:result^1.0 file_content:result^0.6
file_name:result^0.5 file_comments:result^0.8", am able to see the required
result.

Regards

Vignesh

Re: Boosting fields at query time in Standard Request Handler from Solrconfig.xml

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

You need to add
    <str name="defType">edismax</str>