Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com> on 2014/11/29 16:27:59 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1642294 - in /lucene/dev/trunk/lucene: ./ highlighter/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/highlight/ highlighter/src/test/org/apache/lucene/search/highlight/ test-framework/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/

Highlighting tests have been failing 100% lately.  Was it this commit?

http://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux/11680/
https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-Tests-5.x-Java7/2253/#showFailuresLink

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.org - native code faceting, facet functions,
sub-facets, off-heap data

Posted by "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <da...@gmail.com>.
Reposting my comment on JIRA:

Ouch; so sorry I failed the build! In my checkout I have several pending
issues related to highlighting, and apparently the Solr one, SOLR-6680
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6680>, is dependent. I should
have monitored the dev list closely; I recall getting a nastygram from
Jenkins when I failed the build in the past and thought I was in the clear
since I didn't get one this time.

The coupling between this and SOLR-6680
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6680> is that TokenSources, *prior
to my commit here*, did not require that you call reset(). This is of
course a violation of the TokenSources contract which is unacceptable. The
patch to SOLR-6680 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6680> does
several things to DefaultSolrHighlighter, one of which is ensuring reset()
is called appropriately. Since I've posted SOLR-6680
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6680> some time ago, I will
commit within an hour or so, and thus fix the build. I will also add a note
in the upgrading section of Lucene in case someone else might be forgetting
to reset the stream returned from TokenStream.

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley