Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christian Sengstock <cs...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/12 12:33:10 UTC

Asynchronous page calls and hibernate servlet filter

Hi all,
i have a cocoon application (2.1.7) using hibernate with the hibernate
servlet filter pattern (hibernate session gets closed down on each
request and then gets opend again).
This pattern works absolutley fine for me with normal page navigation.

Now i want my cocoon application to serve some ajax methods ( act as
an ajax backend ).
These calls are of course asynchronous.

I think it will lead me into some trouble with the hibernate servlet filter:

* Because my ajax calls are asynchronous i have concurrent requests on
my cocoon app.
* Because the hibernate servlet filter closes down the hibernate
session on each request i think i will get into trouble with methods
using extensivley the hibernate layer ( hibernate session gets closed
down before the access is finished ).

Am i right with this? Do some people have experience with this kind of problems?

What i think to do:
* A new servlet for the ajax backend.
* This servlet should have the same acess to my application ( context etc. )

Thanks for any help and ideas,
Chris