Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Johnny Cass <jo...@epiuse.com> on 2001/06/04 10:40:48 UTC

Re: TODO: Rewrite DiskCache

%<---------------------------------------------------------------------%<

%<---------------------------------------------------------------------%<

> The most important issue here is to clean the current implementation.
> Maybe I'm going too complex, but I cannot see other way to have it
> right, given the current code complexity and perspectives of use.
>
> If I'm getting understood, I would welcome any simplification, idea,
> etc. Sorry to everybody for the LOOOONG post, and hope to get some feed
> back. If not, please ask for clarification.
>
> Also, I don't think there is something similar out there, but please
> point me to similar developments. I think Content Management people can
> be interested in such a engine.

Sorry for my late reply, but I've been thinking about your ideas for the
new DiskCache the way you envision it. I think I'm beginning to
understand where you're headed.

Please let me know if I can help. I think you should be the one to drive
since you have some very good and specific ideas about how it should be
done, I'll pitch in where you need me (this sounds like such a cop-out?
:) ).

- Johnny