Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adrian Richter <Ad...@lonelyplanet.com.au> on 2002/12/06 02:47:51 UTC

Session Persistence retrieving old session data

I am using Tomcat 4.0.3 on Solaris with JDK 1.4.

I have been using the Persistence Store to save the Session information.
This works fine except from my pont of view, but users are giving me grief
that when they run the web application, the information stored in their
sessions is what they had in before a few minutes earlier. For example, I
have written a search page that stores the search criteria into the session
scope. After looking at the results and running another search, they get the
results of a previous search they did minutes earlier.

It seems that the a copy of the session is being made, but when they make
subsequent requests, the session is giving them an older version of the
session then the one they should be using.

When I disable persistence manager, we have no problems and everything works
fine.

Here is a copy of context in server.xml:

        <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0">

          <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
debug="0" saveOnRestart="true" maxActiveSessions="-1" minIdleSwap="0"
maxIdleSwap="120" maxIdleBackup="0">

            <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>

          </Manager>

        </Context>

Adrian Richter