Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2005/07/01 08:52:43 UTC

Re: Accessing the Daisy repository directly

Le 30 juin 05, à 23:22, Ross Gardler a écrit :

> ...Does anyone know if port 9263 is open on the zone?

It is, and apparently still accessible from the outside (works from
here), but you need HTTP authorization to make requests to it.

-Bertrand

Re: Accessing the Daisy repository directly

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 01 Jul 2005, at 10:43, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>>> It is, and apparently still accessible from the outside (works from
>>> here), but you need HTTP authorization to make requests to it.
>>

>> Yes, I am handling the authentication. But I'm not even given the
>> opportunity to authenticate because connection is refused. For example:
>>
>> I would expect:
>>
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263
>>
>> to ask me for a username and password, requesting a similar URL for my
>> test server does so.
>

> It does. Works over here.

Now that is very weird, it works here too now. Sorry for the noise.

Ross

Re: Accessing the Daisy repository directly

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 01 Jul 2005, at 10:43, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Le 30 juin 05, à 23:22, Ross Gardler a écrit :
>>> ...Does anyone know if port 9263 is open on the zone?
>> It is, and apparently still accessible from the outside (works from
>> here), but you need HTTP authorization to make requests to it.
>
> Yes, I am handling the authentication. But I'm not even given the
> opportunity to authenticate because connection is refused. For
> example:
>
> I would expect:
>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263
>
> to ask me for a username and password, requesting a similar URL for my
> test server does so.

It does. Works over here.

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Accessing the Daisy repository directly

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 30 juin 05, à 23:22, Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> ...Does anyone know if port 9263 is open on the zone?
>

> It is, and apparently still accessible from the outside (works from
> here), but you need HTTP authorization to make requests to it.

Yes, I am handling the authentication. But I'm not even given the
opportunity to authenticate because connection is refused. For example:

I would expect:

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263

to ask me for a username and password, requesting a similar URL for my
test server does so.

I would expect:

http://username:password@cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263

to authnticate me, requesting a similar URL for my test server does so.

If we are sure the port is open then this is probably one for the Daisy
lists. I'll take it there next week unless Steven Noels spots this thread.

Ross