Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1998/07/21 05:47:13 UTC

1.3.1

anyone for releasing it?

anyone think we need longer?  anyone think we really really need to change
something?

anyone want to buy me a slurpee machine?

anyone happy with the windows installer?

I am suggesting that tomorrow is a good day to die^H^H^H^release 1.3.1.

Re: 1.3.1

Posted by Dan Jacobowitz <dr...@false.org>.
On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 09:35:43AM +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Umm, looks like if the directory is too long for the window, IS2 truncates
> it at the last _space_, rather than using an ellipsis (...) like most
> other applications. So
>
>   C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\main\http_request.c
>
> gets truncated to
>
>   C:\Program Files\Apache
>
> rather than (something like)
>
>   C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\m...
>
> Stupid.

Actually - it's probably the stupid microsft trying to be too smart
wrapping.  "I don't know how tall I am but I'm not wide enough for this
word so put it on multiple lines and pray they can see all of me" sort
of widgets.

Stupid.

Dan

Re: 1.3.1

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@awe.com>.
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Michael Parker wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 1998 at 09:47:13PM -0600, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > anyone happy with the windows installer?
>
> Installed and ran with minimal testing on Win95.  One thing with the
> installer however.  I picked the default
> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache but when it was actually
> installing the files it reported that it was copying them into
> C:\Program Files\Apache
>
> Maybe a string length thing or something.  But like I said it
> installed as normal and all is well.

Umm, looks like if the directory is too long for the window, IS2 truncates
it at the last _space_, rather than using an ellipsis (...) like most
other applications. So

  C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\main\http_request.c

gets truncated to

  C:\Program Files\Apache

rather than (something like)

  C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\m...

Stupid.

Paul

Re: 1.3.1

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@austx.tandem.com>.
On Mon, Jul 20, 1998 at 09:47:13PM -0600, Marc Slemko wrote:
> anyone happy with the windows installer?

Installed and ran with minimal testing on Win95.  One thing with the
installer however.  I picked the default
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache but when it was actually
installing the files it reported that it was copying them into
C:\Program Files\Apache

Maybe a string length thing or something.  But like I said it
installed as normal and all is well.

Michael

Re: 1.3.1

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> anyone for releasing it?

Looks OK to me, though I'd still like to consign the standard conf files
to a deep, dark hole. Followed by a tactical nuke.

> anyone think we need longer?  anyone think we really really need to change
> something?

Our underwear?

> anyone want to buy me a slurpee machine?
>
> anyone happy with the windows installer?

No, but I taught myself Javascript over the weekend, so I now appreciate
that things can get worse :-)

> I am suggesting that tomorrow is a good day to die^H^H^H^release 1.3.1.

Do it.

Cheers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/recruit/