Posted to users@maven.apache.org by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com> on 2007/08/28 20:40:16 UTC

integration testing

I'm kinda dancing around a local solution, but how is the rest of the
maven world doing something like integration tests where the tests
require a running instance of the code they're trying to test?

We have things like registry services that we'd like to integration
test, but the tests would require an instance of the actual registry to
be up and running.  The problem I'm seeing with this approach is we'd
have to do something like "mvn install assembly:directory-inline
<integrationtestgoal> site" which seems kinda hokey.

How is everyone else doing this?

RE: integration testing

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com>.
Ok, this looks like I cleared this up myself, but the NEW question is,
what happens when there is ANOTHER module that depends on the assembly
of another.

So one of our app server artifact has integration tests, but it needs
one of these registry type servers up and running.

How can I say, "during your integration test phase, install reg-srv and
start it up THEN run your own integration tests"??