Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Julien Couvreur <jc...@redcart.com> on 2000/06/15 01:29:21 UTC

Little patch in documentation and question

Hi,

I just started using Ant, and it seems the build command in the
documentation is not complete it should be "-Dant.dist.dir=..." instead of
"-Ddist.dir=...". Since I am not a "commiter" I let this to the one in
charge.

Beside this, I would like to know if it is possible to call another
build.xml from a target (<ant target="..." .../>), which would be better
than "<java ...ant .../>".

Also why is there not a <if try="target1" then="target2"/ else="target3"/>
construction ? Wouldn't it be useful ? It would be easier to read than using
the actually  depends="..." if="..."  construction ?

And last but not least, is there any way a custom task may modify the
properties in the environment that called it ?

Bye,

Julien