Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2012/06/21 01:46:56 UTC

Preparing for the Bigtop 0.4.0 release

Fellow Bigtoppers,

This is that time of year again -- a time for our quarterly release
of Bigtop -- Bigtop 0.4.0.

Looking at:
makes me proud to say that we've got everything that
was planned for this release done. In fact, we even
have a rough version of "How to Release" document:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+release
which I might as well follow for the rest of the release process. ;-)

I'm at step #1 now which says that all of us are supposed to
decide which JIRAs marked as 0.4.0:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+BIGTOP+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.4.0%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
are so precious to us that they absolutely positively have to be
fixed in this release. Please bump a priority of anything that
falls into this category to a 'Blocker' (or drop me an email) AND
assign it to yourself. Alternatively you can try to convince me or
any other developer that the issue is so important that it needs
to be fixed.

All of us have till Fri (06/22) noon PST to come up with a blocker list.
Please be judicious.

Thanks,
Roman (your friendly neighborhood Bigtop 0.4.0 release manager).

Re: Preparing for the Bigtop 0.4.0 release

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> wrote:
> All of us have till Fri (06/22) noon PST to come up with a blocker list.
> Please be judicious.

Looks like we're down to a single blocker:
and our tests also seem to be in a pretty good shape.

Thus I'll try to resolve BIGTOP-638 on Mon, will create
a 0.4.0 branch and will cut the first RC.

Stay tuned and please help us test RC(s) as they come out.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Preparing for the Bigtop 0.4.0 release

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.