Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2005/10/19 17:38:36 UTC

J2 evaluation questions

Hi, I am evaluating portal servers and would like to know the current
status of J2 (the Roadmap in the wiki is dreadfully out of date).  We
would like to use WebSphere Portal Server 6.0 when it is available soon
as the pricy "name-brand" solution with J2 or another free portal as a
cheaper alternative.  So some questions:

1) Is J2 stable and mature enough to integrate with our product?  We
need external security capability so we can plug in our custom user/role
database along with a page layout portlet that works with that security
system to filter the allowed list of portlets based on the view
permission.  I'm assuming this is a pretty basic requirement - is it
built into J2 already?

2) Is J2 container independent?  We will be using WebSphere 6.0 as the
container so we need it to run in this environment.  Anyone have any
luck or success with J2 in WebSphere especially in regards to security
and SSO integration?

3) What is the road map for the next 6 months for J2?  Any releases or
new milestones expected?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

mike