Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Raja Nagendra Kumar <na...@tejasoft.com> on 2014/04/28 17:35:49 UTC

CXF compile with JDK 8

Hi,

I am using mvn package for compiling source code cxf
(https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf.git)

I am using JDK 8 to compile.

Source Code compile fails with error

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.cxf:cxf-codegen-plugin:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
wsdl2java (generate-sources) on project cxf-testutils:
[ERROR] Exit code: 1
[ERROR] Command line was: d:\Apps\java\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe -jar
C:\Users\nagkum
ar\AppData\Local\Temp\cxf-tmp-36108\cxf-codegen6570965978496805609.jar
C:\Users\
nagkumar\AppData\Local\Temp\cxf-tmp-36108\cxf-w2j6619711455234741106args
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e swit
ch.
[ERROR]
please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionE
xception
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
command

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :cxf-testutils

Does this not work with JDK 8, compile works fine with JDK 6 & 7.
Is there any work around.

Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com

Re: CXF compile with JDK 8

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I managed to work around the new JAXP security setting issue by applying -Djavax.xml.accessExternalSchema=file,http  and forcing jaxb maven plugin not to fork when running the mvn clean install.

But I hit the issue of jibx plugin[1], it looks like Dennis need a fund to resolve this issue.

[1]http://www.mail-archive.com/jibx-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05000.html

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.