Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Avinash Singh <as...@mylodestar.com> on 2002/09/19 23:20:43 UTC

Need Help With TOMCAT.

Dear Team @ Tomcat,

My Name is Avinash Singh, I a Java Developer and current developing a web application for a small organization.
This web application will be used by 10-15 users, may be 2-5 concurrent users.
I am in the process of installing and configuring the TOMCAT 4.1.10.

I need your help with following :-
# 1 I have downloaded "jakarta-tomcat-4.1.10.exe", I wanted to know if this supports J2EE
# 2 Do I need to install any Webserver(Like Apache, IBM HTTP, IIS etc) for TOMCAT to be functional, if yes please mail me the procedure to link the TOMCAT to the webserver.
# 3 How to setup new DOMAIN on Tomcat.
# 4 I need some documentation of development process on Tomcat (What directory the JSP and Servlet files should be etc.)
# 5 Also please write me any issues involved in using TOMCAT for this kind of development.

Any help and information from your end is greatly appreciated.

I Look forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Best Regards
Avinash Singh