Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2020/08/16 08:50:08 UTC

Re: crash

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 08:31:39 +0000
dm darwin <dm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello to whom it may concern,
> Have used you open office for a while, regrettable in the last 8 month
> your program crashes constantly, needless to say all written information is gone and cant be restored .
> Please is this now a permanent feature?
> As I have lost again today 2.5 hours work I'm not a very happy person
> please if you reply no political correctness just the simple facts.
> Thanks
> D Magdalene

You have given us no facts on which we can work.  What is your operating system and version of OpenOffice?  Are you working in Calc, in Writer, in Impress?

In the 2.5 hours of work, did you Save your work at any time.  Do you use a timed/dated backup system.  When the crash occurred, was it OpenOffice, or the Operating System?

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>