Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com> on 2009/04/02 05:54:47 UTC

Change Official ESME site from Forrest to Wiki

Right now, http://incubator.apache.org/esme/ is being created via Apache Forrest. The current version is almost 3,5 months old and, to be truthful, unfinished and missing lots of information.

I've been thinking about moving the site to the Apache wiki. I've seen that various other podlings have done the same thing.

I know that more people are accustomed to using the wiki and this might help us keep the site more up-to-date.

I'd love to be able to work directly on the Apache home page but I'm still working on getting official approval for my iCLA - a long and painful story. I'd be able to comment on the wiki though which would be a step in the right direction.

D.

Re: Change Official ESME site from Forrest to Wiki

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yo...@gmail.com>.
I think we should keep the site, but maybe without the news section.
Just as an information site.

Over the next coming weeks I will work on writing some text explaining
what ESME is and how to use it.
Maybe we could put those up?

/Anne