Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Young <Br...@sas.com> on 2000/08/18 22:39:19 UTC

Did XSLTInputSource filename string requirements change?

Hello,

Is it my imagination, or did XSLTInputSource start requiring "file:////" in front of passed in filename strings (eg. "file:////c:\\playpen\\my.xml") with Xalan v1.2.d01 (or at least the Xerces version associated with it)?  In v1.1.d01 it was not necessary, "c:\\playpen\\my.xml" worked fine as the argument passed to XSLTInputSource's constructor.  Regardless, I've fixed it now, but didn't see it in the Release Notes for the new Xalan nor Xerces.  Can someone confirm that this is the case?  And if so why did the requirements for the filename string passed to XSLTResultTarget not change?

Thanks,
   Brian Young

Re: Did XSLTInputSource filename string requirements change?

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Brian --

This looks like it was changed in 1.1 but I'm not sure if it was in
1.1.d01 or not.

See http://xml.apache.org/xalan/readme.html#synch

Gary