Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bl...@mayo.edu> on 2013/01/18 18:28:47 UTC

cTAKES 3.0 questions

Working through the dev install instructions I've come up with a number of questions. Could the group help me out ...

Where will the non-volatile cTAKES 3.0 trunk be? Seems like the code here keeps changing:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/trunk
Once released will the code freeze at a particular place and will it have 3.0 in the URL in order to distinguish this release from an inevitable future release?

Why are there 4 .launch files under ctakes-clicnical-pipeline/resources/launch? What's the difference?
CPE cTAKES.launch
CVD cTAKES.launch
UIMA_CPE_GUI--clinical_documents_pipeline.launch
UIMA_CVD--clinical_documents_pipeline.launch

There are lots of Run Configurations now. Do we need a place to document all of those? All of them in my checkout on 1/14 appear to have a twin.

Ctakes/ctakes-ne-contexts/target/classes/edu/mayo/bmi is created in my Eclipse projects upon checkout. Are not all the institutional directories supposed to be gone?

Troy Bleeker * Senior Business Analyst CBAP(r) * Biomedical Statistics and Informatics
Phone: 507-293-1574 * Fax: 507-284-0360 * bleeker.troy@mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic * 200 First Street SW * Rochester, MN 55905 * www.mayoclinic.org

RE: cTAKES 3.0 questions

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
There is a branch for 3.0
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/branches/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating

For each release candidate there is a tag such as
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-rc5

I'm assuming we will create a tag for the release without 'rcX' on the end once the release is approved.

I don't think we need to document all the run configurations. I think we should just document how to select which one of the twin to select
Within the Run Configurations popup, look at the Shared file field on the Common tab.

Yes, all the institutional directories are supposed to be gone. Looks like we missed an empty one.

Regards,
James Masanz

RE: cTAKES 3.0 questions

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
> Once released will the code freeze at a particular place and will it have 3.0 in
> the URL in order to distinguish this release from an inevitable future release?
Every Release should have a tag associated with it:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/tags/

> Why are there 4 .launch files under ctakes-clicnical-
> pipeline/resources/launch? What's the difference?
> CPE cTAKES.launch
> CVD cTAKES.launch
> UIMA_CPE_GUI--clinical_documents_pipeline.launch
> UIMA_CVD--clinical_documents_pipeline.launch
> There are lots of Run Configurations now. Do we need a place to document
> all of those? All of them in my checkout on 1/14 appear to have a twin.

It's confusing as heck.  There is a current outstanding Jira item to remove multiple launch scripts and just keep 2.
I would suggest:
UIMA_CPE_GUI--clinical_documents_pipeline.launch
UIMA_CVD--clinical_documents_pipeline.launch

> Ctakes/ctakes-ne-contexts/target/classes/edu/mayo/bmi is created in my
> Eclipse projects upon checkout. Are not all the institutional directories
> supposed to be gone?
It is supposed to be; All of those files should be gone. Unless we just might have missed an empty directory.