Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <ar...@apache.org> on 2010/04/20 21:33:06 UTC

[Trinidad 2] Announcement: JSF 2 ajax support has been added to the trunk

As of SVN revision 936035, the Trinidad trunk now supports the built in AJAX
of JSF2.

Details:

   - Requests through f:ajax supported with Trinidad components
   - jsf.ajax.request used to submit PPR requests from the Trinidad request
   queue
   - Server delivers JSF2 payload, with special handling for Trinidad IFRAME
   requests to send down script libraries
   - IFrame processing still possible by bypassing the jsf.ajax code which
   has yet to be made compatible with file uploads in either Mojarra or MyFaces
      - Note that there is a limitation that iframe processing only supports
      the legacy PPR of Trinidad (replacement only, no support for the
new insert,
      delete, attribute change functionality of the JSF2 partial
response writer)
   - Trinidad still supports broadcasting of DOM changes and restores focus
   by leveraging JSF AJAX events
   - Agent specific flag to disable AJAX through jsf.ajax to handle use
   cases where mobile platforms do not function using the Mojarra or MyFaces
   JavaScript
   - Integration on the server between JSF 2 rendered IDs and Trinidad
   partial triggers
   - Partial submit and client behavior support
   - Trinidad's partial triggers will be honored for the jsf ajax requests.
      - However, this will currently work only with execute="@all" or if the
      execute attribute is pointed to each component that is listed as
a partial
      trigger.
      - Once we start adding trigger listeners during the PostRestoreView
      event processing, instead of decode, this limitation will go away.

We welcome your assistance to test your applications on the current Trunk
and report your findings and file issues when found.

Thank you,
Andrew

Re: [Trinidad 2] Announcement: JSF 2 ajax support has been added to the trunk

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
great news!

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [Trinidad 2] Announcement: JSF 2 ajax support has been added to the trunk

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
great news!