Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mallika Pothukuchi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 23:29:46 UTC

Text analytics

Hi All

I am trying to fnd out a good solution for the following scenario

Require to search through relational database a search string grouping by
certain columns.The result should list down the count of occurances group
by columns in a tree structure and on further click, it should list down
the details of the string occurance in the various tuples.

I have explored Splunk to be one of the good text analytics tools to
use.But i am not sure if it can provide the drill down structure reporting
in tree format. Please help!!

Thanks,
Mallika

Re: Text analytics

Posted by Solomon McCarthy <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mallika,

Have your tried neo4J ?

-Solomon

Re: Text analytics

Posted by Solomon McCarthy <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mallika,

Re: Text analytics

Posted by Solomon McCarthy <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mallika,

Re: Text analytics

Posted by Solomon McCarthy <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mallika,

Re: Text analytics

Posted by SUJIT PAL <su...@comcast.net>.
Hi Mallika,

Re: Text analytics

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello ma'am,

    I know nothing about Splunk. But what I know is that Hadoop is more of
a batch processing system and is not a suitable choice for real time
search. Also, it is not a reporting tool. You can do some pre-processing
and keep your data ready in your tree structure through MapRreduce though,
which you can serve later. AFAIK Splunk has the ability to pull the data
and index it in real time. You just need some way to present that data in
your desired format.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/