Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Durham David R Jr Contr 805 CSPTS/SCE <Da...@scott.af.mil> on 2005/01/13 15:59:16 UTC

war task webxml attribute

Should the webxml attribute be required?  For one, you can leave it
empty and the wars work (at least in Tomcat -- not sure if that complies
with the spec.)

Also, I get an annoying warning about a web.xml being ignored.  Any way
to suppress this warning, or should I be using a different task?

Thanks,

Dave

Re: war task webxml attribute

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Durham David R. Jr Contr
<Da...@scott.af.mil> wrote:

> Should the webxml attribute be required?

Yes.  Isn't it?

> For one, you can leave it empty and the wars work

Which may be due to the parahraph below.

> Also, I get an annoying warning about a web.xml being ignored.

Which means you include a WEB-INF/web.xml in your archive via
something other than the webxml attribute.

> Any way to suppress this warning, or should I be using a different
> task?

You should use the webxml attribute to point to your WEB-INF/web.xml
file and exclude that file from the rest you add to the archive.  Or
use <jar>.

Stefan