Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by John Lindwall <jl...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/01/14 18:55:35 UTC

3.4.6: Unable to read additional data from client sessionid 0xABC, likely client has closed socket

We're seeing thousands of these a day in our zookeeper logs (zookeeper 3.4.6):
WARN  [NIOServerCxn.Factory:X.X.X.X/X.X.X.X:Y:NIOServerCnxn@357] - caught end of stream exceptionEndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client sessionid 0xABC, likely client has closed socket
    at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.doIO(NIOServerCnxn.java:228)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.run(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:208)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any ideas of the cause of this?  Could an excessive number/size of znodes be a factor? We're not seeing any obvious client-side issues. We're not sure but we believe that these were not happening earlier.

-- John

Re: 3.4.6: Unable to read additional data from client sessionid 0xABC, likely client has closed socket

Posted by John Lindwall <jl...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Mate,
Thanks for the reply!  We identified several thousand excess znodes lingering in the cluster and after deleting them we see no difference in the error rate.

We are exclusively using java clients in our code, no C or python.

We do indeed have plans to update our ensembles this year, thanks!
-- John

    On Monday, January 18, 2021, 12:23:47 AM PST, Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com> wrote:

 resending my answer (it was sent originally to jlindwall@yahoo.com.invalid
- I wonder why)