Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by ajay singh <aj...@tekritisoftware.com> on 2008/06/26 15:31:33 UTC

Connect shindig from SNS backend

Hi

Can any one please help me, I want to know-
How can I connect shindig to my SNS backend.

Thanks in advance

Ajay

Re: Connect shindig from SNS backend

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
The security token is an encrypted blob that holds information about
the app id, viewer, owner, etc..

It's included by the gadgets when making social information requests,
and the server uses it to validate that it indeed comes from a valid
gadget that has the authorization to query for information, and who's
and what gadget it is.

In other words when a gadget wants to retrieve the 'owner_friends',
the token tells the social data service who the owner is, and when a
gadget stores some application data, the token tells the back-end what
gadget id is making the request, etc ..

Even upon rendering of the gadget this token is used to retrieve that
information.. so all in all, it's an essential part of the under-water
communications between the social network site, the gadget renderer,
and the social data back-end; It adds security to it (hence the name
security token) by having a cryptographic validation of identity, and
provides information about who/what/etc.

Hope that clears it up a bit!

	-- Chris

Posted by ajay singh <aj...@tekritisoftware.com>.

Posted by ajay singh <aj...@tekritisoftware.com>.