Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Francois MAROT <fr...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/02 12:33:26 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: mvn deploy:deploy-file with same groupId & artifactId but different classifiers

OK all, so I've taken the "not so clean but should solve my problem faster"
road... I publish the 2 zips separatly on Archiva.
But now, my main build that declare dependencies on them both (as 'runtime')
seems to randomly fail, looking for one or the other. If I publish one of
the 2, the main build starts passing again.

It's strange and I fell like it has to do something with the time. Any idea
?

my tests are always made using -U to force updates of dependencies

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: mvn deploy:deploy-file with same groupId & artifactId but different classifiers

Posted by Francois MAROT <fr...@gmail.com>.
OK, so Maven only sees the most recent one uploaded because on Archiva, the
"maven-metadata.xml" file is updated each time with the timestamp of the
most recent one (either *-linux or *-win). But the 2 qualified artifacts do
not share the same timestamp so one of those is not found leading to build
failed.
Conclusion: I will declare 2 different artifacts for now and, when I have
time, I will create a meta jenkins task launching the build on windows and
linux simultaneously and uploading both at the same time to Archiva.