Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> on 2008/05/20 13:47:32 UTC

Champion wanted for Empire-db project

Hello everyone,

We would like to donate our relational data persistence component called Empire-db to the apache software foundation. According to the Incubator documentation we need to find a Champion who can help us with the incubation process.

Even though with iBatis, JDO and Torgue there already are several database related projects, we think our Empire-db could be a great extension to the ASF project list as it works considerably different in many ways. Most of all Empire-db uses a Java Object Model rather than XML-Mappings or Annotations to describe the database schema. Therefore all Tables, Views, Columns and so on are Objects which can be referenced from the code to dynamically build SQL commands or to access Data model metadata - entirely without the need to provide string literals. This in turn significantly increases compile-time-safety and simplifies testing and maintenance. Additionally uses benefit from the IDE's code completion when building column transformation expressions or constraints.

Empire-db is a mature project which has been proved its capabilities in many medium to large scale projects. However we have only recently made it Open Source under Apache 2.0 License.

There is a lot more information on the Empire-db website on http://www.empire-db.org

If anyone would like to act as a Champion or knows someone who could be a suitable Champion we would be happy to get his/her contact details and further instructions.

Best regards,
Rainer

Re: Champion wanted for Empire-db project

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
I would start by asking on the general
Apache DB mailing list: http://db.apache.org/mail.html.

--Thilo