Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/22 07:33:46 UTC

Hive Storage Engine support and limitations

Hi,

1. Just verifying - does the Hive Storage Engine support *any* table in
Hive? For example, if I have a table which uses a custom InputFormat and
SerDe I wrote, will Apache Drill be able to select from it?
The wiki page<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Hive+Storage+Engine>does
note any limitation in this regard so I want to make sure.

Re: Hive Storage Engine support and limitations

Posted by Neeraja Rentachintala <nr...@maprtech.com>.
Drill integrates with Hive Serdes and invokes those libraries when queries
submitted on those tables, so custom input formats should work as well.