Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/17 17:49:02 UTC

Better configuration and launch system

Hi guys,

sorry for rehashing old things but :

There are a few things which could be changed and improved :
- the UberMain.java class could be renamed to Main.java. It's not
obvious to everyone that UberMain is the class which launch the server...
- It has been moved to the installers package. It's fine for installers,
but I think it deserves to be put either in a specific project like
Server or Launcher
- We don't have anymore server.xml file anywhere _but_ in the server-xml
sub-project. Is this project the correct place for storing the server
configuration? Wouldn't it make more sense to have this server.xml file
close to the place we launch the server ?

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Better configuration and launch system

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On Dec 18, 2007 10:13 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I still think that UberMain is a bad name, and that it should not be
> put in the installers subproject. Am I alone thinking this way ?

No... ;)
+1 for the name of the class and its location.
When I looked at the UberJarMain  class the first time, I was not sure this
would launch the server.

Maybe it would be better if it's stored in a 'apacheds-server-main'
project...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: Better configuration and launch system

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Oh yeah I agree you totally right on the name.

Alex

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.