Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Jie <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/09 16:35:16 UTC

error of Journal happened in the tdb transaction

Hello, everyone,

I am working with the Jena TDB and sometimes the following error happens to
me. I wonder if this has been happened to others also? If anyone has idea
about how to solve this?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Jie

Caused by: com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TDBTransactionException: Checksum
 error reading from the Journal.
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.Journal._read(Journal.java:241)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.Journal._readJournal(Journal
.java:197)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.Journal.access$100(Journal.
java:48)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.Journal$IteratorEntries.
moveToNext(Journal.java:270)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.Journal$IteratorEntries.
moveToNext(Journal.java:251)
        at org.apache.jena.atlas.iterator.IteratorSlotted.hasNext(
IteratorSlotted.java:67)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.JournalControl.replay(
JournalControl.java:245)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.JournalControl.replay(
JournalControl.java:232)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TransactionManager.processDe
layedReplayQueue(TransactionManager.java:560)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TransactionManager.writerCom
mitsWorker(TransactionManager.java:492)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TransactionManager.access$400(
TransactionManager.java:47)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TransactionManager$TSM_Write
BackEndTxn.writerCommits(TransactionManager.java:224)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TransactionManager.writerCommits(
TransactionManager.java:785)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TransactionManager.noteTxnCommit(
TransactionManager.java:620)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TransactionManager.notifyCommit(
TransactionManager.java:415)
        at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.Transaction.commit(
Transaction.java:155)

Re: error of Journal happened in the tdb transaction

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 09/12/13 15:50, Jie wrote:
>  From the code only one process is writing to the TDB, but just before this
> error happen, we used Fuseki to publish the dataset to server to see the
> data, which I thought should not have been a problem. (I suppose that
> publishing the data by Fuseki means execute once the reading trasaction,
> no?)

Fuseki includes a copy of the TDB engine.

When Fuseki starts it will start TDB.  TDB will attempt to replay
transactions in the journal but if the other TDB is writing the journal,
chaos will result.

> Caused by: com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.transaction.TDBTransactionException: Checksum
>  error reading from the Journal.

This suggest that the one TDB engine is reading the journal while
another is starting up.  This is bad.  While the DB will not be
corrupted it may become inconsistent (you loose data).

Can you do your updates via Fuseki?

	Andy

Posted by Jie <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Dollin <ch...@epimorphics.com>.