Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jiang Ruihai <jr...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/16 14:35:25 UTC

How to use msaccess in TDK2.2?

Hello,
  Can I use msaccess in TDK2.2? And how?

Re: How to use msaccess in TDK2.2?

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.
>   Can I use msaccess in TDK2.2? And how?

Just a friendly note, I would hope you are aware of the severe
limitations of using Microsoft Access with a web application. It's not
designed for it. The MSDN site has some articles on this. And I've had
personal experiences with Access databases failing when used on the web.

:)

Eric
--
Eric Emminger
eric@ericemminger.com

RE: How to use msaccess in TDK2.2?

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.
>   Can I use msaccess in TDK2.2? And how?

I am pretty sure that you can use the JDBC-ODBC bridge.  You will have to
set up an ODBC DSN for the access database.  Take a look at the torque
documentation at http://jakarta.apache.org/torque/, specifically at the
mssql-howto (below the line "If you are using the JDBC-ODBC bridge
driver:"), to learn how to configure torque.

I would encourage you to look into using other databases such as MySQL, SQL
Server or PostgreSQL.

Good luck,

Chris