Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu> on 2012/05/01 03:03:32 UTC

Re: May Board report

ok, thanks for the feedback. I was struggling a bit with that I'll
make the change.

Aaron

--
Aaron Peeler
Program Manager

Re: May Board report

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 1, 2012, at 9:14 AM, Aaron Peeler wrote:

> All,
>
> The May 2012 board report has been posted.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2012

Thanks Aaron. I've signed off…

--kevan

Re: May Board report

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
All,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> ok, thanks for the feedback. I was struggling a bit with that I'll
> make the change.
>
> Aaron
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 30, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Aaron Peeler wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> A draft board report is available for review.
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/2012-05+Incubator+VCL+Report
>>>
>>> Please make comments or revise as needed.
>>>
>>> For those new in the community, a board report is a status of the
>>> project that is filed quarterly to the Apache Incubator board.
>>
>> Thanks Aaron.
>>
>> My one quibble would be with the "Top issues before graduation". "We feel we have reached the minimum recommended independent committers. 6 committers from 4 organizations.". Although I think that may be true, in general. I'm not sure that the community has made that assessment… "The current committers, expect to grow our number of committers over the next month." doesn't really apply as a graduation issue.
>>
>> IMO, the top issue before graduation is the community needs to start working towards graduation -- discuss if we're ready, then start following the process to graduate. If we start now, then I think a June graduation is possible.
>>
>> --kevan
>

> --
> Aaron Peeler
> Program Manager
> Virtual Computing Lab
> NC State University

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University

Re: May Board report

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
All,

The May 2012 board report has been posted.

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2012

Thanks,
Aaron

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> ok, thanks for the feedback. I was struggling a bit with that I'll
> make the change.
>
> Aaron
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 30, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Aaron Peeler wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> A draft board report is available for review.
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/2012-05+Incubator+VCL+Report
>>>
>>> Please make comments or revise as needed.
>>>
>>> For those new in the community, a board report is a status of the
>>> project that is filed quarterly to the Apache Incubator board.
>>
>> Thanks Aaron.
>>
>> My one quibble would be with the "Top issues before graduation". "We feel we have reached the minimum recommended independent committers. 6 committers from 4 organizations.". Although I think that may be true, in general. I'm not sure that the community has made that assessment… "The current committers, expect to grow our number of committers over the next month." doesn't really apply as a graduation issue.
>>
>> IMO, the top issue before graduation is the community needs to start working towards graduation -- discuss if we're ready, then start following the process to graduate. If we start now, then I think a June graduation is possible.
>>
>> --kevan
>

> --
> Aaron Peeler
> Program Manager