Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Danny Ayers <da...@virgilio.it> on 2002/11/09 17:54:48 UTC

Resin (parser?) problem

Hi,

I've got a problem getting Cocoon 2 (from the bin download) running on Resin
(2.1 I think). A Tomcat install of the same download works (mostly) ok. I
followed the appropriate instructions on a local install and got the error
below when I pointed a browser at ../cocoon. I'm guessing this is related to
the parser used, although I've done the swap to Xerces suggested in the
instructions, maybe it's picking up something else from my classpath?

Not long ago I managed to get some Batik-based material working by adding
the following to the <web-app> section of web.xml :

<system-property
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory="org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBu
ilderFactoryImpl"/>

but I can't find a variation on this that helps with the current problem.
Ideally I want to be able to specify the necessary properties on a per-app
basis, as I don't have admin privilege on a live server I want to use - I
can't change anything system-wide or even restart Resin.

Incidentally, does anyone know offhand how the parser for Batik is worked
out in Cocoon - is Xerces somehow used there too?

Cheers,
Danny.

In browser:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Null content handler
	at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.setContentHandler(XMLFilterImpl.java:307)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.LogicsheetCodeGenerator.addLogi
csheet(LogicsheetCodeGenerator.java:98)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.addLogic
sheetsToGenerator(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:304)

In console:
com.caucho.xsl.XslParseException:
jar:file:/C:/resin-2.1.4/webapps/cocoon/WEB-IN
F/lib/cocoon-2.0.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/j
ava/
sitemap.xsl:429: `hasSubstitutions' is not a static method in
`org.apache.cocoon
.sitemap.XSLTFactoryLoader' in XSLTFactoryLoader:hasSubstitutions(@pattern)
        at com.caucho.xsl.Generator.error(Generator.java:2143)
        at com.caucho.xsl.Generator.error(Generator.java:2120)
        at com.caucho.xsl.Generator.parseExpr(Generator.java:2113)

-----------
Danny Ayers

Semantic Web Log :
http://www.citnames.com/blog

Re: Resin (parser?) problem

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.
> Not long ago I managed to get some Batik-based material working by adding
> the following to the <web-app> section of web.xml :
>
> <system-property

javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory="org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBu
> ilderFactoryImpl"/>

give this settings a try:

<system-property javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=

"org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"/>
<system-property
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory="org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryI
mpl"/>
<system-property
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory="org.apache.xalan.processor.Transform
erFactoryImpl"/>

hth,
Frank