Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Asmita Vagyani <As...@sigma-systems.com> on 2013/01/23 06:50:26 UTC

CS User and Instance association

Hi all,

I have a doubt.
The functionality of my application is :
There will be lots of companies approaching my application to create VMs for its employees.

I have created one account for one company on CS4.
And the company can have many employees, so is my account having many users added for each employee.
Is there any way in CS4 to associate a VM instance for a particular user inside the same account?
I mean one account will have many VMs created, each VM assigned to a unique user, basically 1:1 association betwn user:VM.

While creating a VM(deployVirtualMachine) I cannot pass the userId in that to say only user with userId "**" can use this vm.
I can pass only the account with domain name, what does this indicate , what is the relation of vm with account?
Does that mean all users belonging to that account and domain can use this vm.

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.

RE: CS User and Instance association

Posted by Asmita Vagyani <As...@sigma-systems.com>.
Hi Nitin,
I somehow missed the last email.
Thanks a lot for replying.

The link you sent me gave all the info I needed.

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.

Asmita - I answered this yesterday for you.

Please refer to
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-users/201301.
mbox/%3CCD2466C1.B952%25nitin.mehta@citrix.com%3E

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.