Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by mingchao zhao <ca...@apache.org> on 2022/11/23 08:53:06 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Hello all,

As discussed earlier, I am calling for a vote on Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1.

735 Jiras were resolved as part of this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HDDS%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.3.0

The RC1 tag can be found on Github at:
https://github.com/apache/ozone/releases/tag/ozone-1.3.0-RC1

The source and binary tarballs can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ozone/1.3.0-rc1/

Maven artifacts are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheozone-1011/

The public key used to sign the artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ozone/KEYS

The fingerprint of the key used to sign the artifacts is:
579BA5230BBD258030A909601E3600CAA819185F

The vote will run for 7 days, ending on Nov 30th 2022 at 17:00 pm UTC+8.

Start with me +1 (binding):
 * Verified signatures, checksums and md5
 * Checked docs/index.html in my web browser
 * Checked ozone version
 * Built from source
 * Ran regular CI success(
https://github.com/apache/ozone/actions/runs/3479590117)
 * Use ozone-1.3.0.tar.gz deployed on a cluster and run some tests using
freon

--
Thanks
MingChao

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by jackson yao <ja...@apache.org>.
thanks mingchao for the work!
since there is no blocking issue now,  I am +1 for merge(no-binding).
- Verified all checksums and signatures.
- Checked LICENSE and NOTICE.
- Built from source successfully.

mingchao zhao <ca...@apache.org> 于2022年11月23日周三 16:53写道:

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for the extensive testing effort Nilotpal! This adds to the confidence level for the release.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by NILOTPAL NANDI <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Janus Chow <yi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks MingChao for driving the release.

+1 (non-binding)

* Build from source
* Start a cluster using binary package
* Run command to create volume, bucket, and upload/download objects
* Verified information displayed on OM / SCM / DN.

Warm Regards.

--
Symious

Kaijie Chen <ck...@apache.org> 于2022年11月30日周三 16:02写道:

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Kaijie Chen <ck...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla <um...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Kaijie Chen <ck...@apache.org>.
 > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-7526 we merged, we
 > should cherry-pick it to 1.3 branch as well.

Thanks Ritesh for the fix, I have cherry-picked a bunch of fixes related to quota to 1.3 branch:

  * HDDS-7346. Cannot set bucket args when the bucket has quota set (#3975)
  * HDDS-7481. Set quota with reduced size than actual used do not fail (#3978)
  * HDDS-7526. Avoid overwriting replication config on existing bucket when quota is set (#4013)
  * HDDS-7449. Avoid overwriting bucket encryption properties when quota/replication config are set on an existing bucket (#3992)
  * HDDS-7470. [Quota] bucket is created crossing quota makes OM crash and unable to start (#3960)
  * HDDS-4565. [FSO]Delete : quotaReleased on directory deletion should consider all sub paths (#3973)

Kaijie

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Ritesh Shukla <ri...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-7526 we merged, we
should cherry-pick it to 1.3 branch as well.
---Ritesh

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Kaijie Chen <ck...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Kaijie Chen <ck...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by mingchao zhao <ca...@apache.org>.

--
Thanks
MingChao

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Kaijie Chen <ck...@apache.org>.
Hi community,

I just checked LICENSE.txt, the license of glyphicons-halflings seems also incorrect.

Glyphicons-halflings itself is licensed under a commercial license [1].
However, there is a rule for "GLYPHICONS Halflings in Bootstrap in previous version 1.9.2" [2].

> GLYPHICONS Halflings font is also released as an extension of a Bootstrap
> www.getbootstrap.com for free and it is released under the same license as Bootstrap.

As bootstrap is licensed under MIT License,  if I uderstand correctly,
glyphicons-halflings included in ozone should also be in MIT License.
Currently in LICENSE.txt, it was listed under "BSD 3-Clause".

> BSD 3-Clause
> ------------
>
> hadoop-hdds/docs/themes/ozonedoc/static/fonts/glyphicons-*

[1]: https://www.glyphicons.com/license/
[2]: https://glyphicons.com/old/license.html#old-halfings-bootstrap

Regards,
Kaijie

 ---- On Thu, 01 Dec 2022 11:31:38 +0800  Janus Chow  wrote ---

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Janus Chow <yi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Devs,

Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com> 于2022年12月1日周四 04:40写道:

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ozone 1.3.0 RC1

Posted by Sammi Chen <sa...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Thanks mingchao for driving this!.

* Verified the signature and checksums
* Build from source
* Start a cluster using binary package
* Run command to create volume, bucket, and upload/download objects
* Verified information displayed on Recon UI
* Verified ldb command against schema V3 rocksDB.

Also thanks Nilotpal for testing RC1 with lots of test suits.

-Sammi